September 4, 2020
Challenges in Enterprise Application Development
Enterprise application software is computer software used to satisfy the needs of an organization rather than individual users. Such organizations include businesses, the manufacturing industry, interest-based user groups, clubs, charities, and governments. Enterprise software is an integral part of an information system; a collection of such software is called enterprise software.
Enterprise software are typically business-oriented tools, such as online shopping, and online payment processing, interactive product catalog, automated billing system, security, Enterprise resource planning (ERP), Customer Relational Management (CRM), IT service management, Business Intelligence, Project Management, and Human Resource Management.
Challenges to develop Enterprise Application
Application Security: Application Security is the topmost key challenges in enterprise application development. Enterprise applications are all about the data. Security starts inside the application software, validating all user’s input to maintain data integrity while fighting all types of injection attacks. Communication between servers must be encrypted to ensure privacy, and firewalls keep intruders out the sensitive data. One of the greatest assets an organization owns its enterprise data and protecting this asset in the most important role of any EAS system.
A cyber attack can cost large companies millions of dollars, and it threatens small and medium-sized businesses with bankruptcy. That is why it is vital to improving the security system from a technical point of view. Standard tips for preventing cyber attacks include:
- Encrypt data
- Use special anti-malware and authorization tools
- Use hack detection tools
- Backup data
- Restrict access to confidential information
The task of the developers for, in this case, is to provide a technical opportunity for each of the points above. A really good team is always ready to carry out fast bug fixing, preventive measure, and of course, high-quality testing, to eliminate potential security threats before they create any trouble.
- Data Storage: Quantity of data with companies are large and enormous. Simply storing and analyzing all the information is a challenge in itself. Much of that data is unstructured and documents, photos, audio, and other unstructured data can be difficult to search and analyze.
User Interface and User Experience: UI/UX can be only the things that users can feel. It is important that designers need to know that enterprise UX is the most attractive and easy to use. Challenges to design enterprise UX are that:
- Need to think different and creative way.
- Research for the latest update on UX.
- Provide users what they need.
Initially, there is often a misunderstanding from the end of stake holders. They may think that they are already aware of their user’s needs. All they can focus is on the look and feel of the design. It is true that Enterprise UX design will help the enterprise to achieve its business goals and increase the return on the investment but UX design is far more than making the software look good.
- Technologies: Selection of technology stack to develop enterprise application is one of the key challenges. There is a wide range of technologies are using to develop an enterprise application. According to research 15% of enterprises using AI and the ration of using AI are increasing rapidly. An enterprise application particularly can greatly benefit from AI due to data-driven tasks used in an enterprise application. IoT and Micro-service are trending technologies for enterprise application.
Integration with other system: An organization may use many systems as per their requirements. Sometimes they need to integrate many systems with each other. Integrating multiple IT system across different functions, department, and stages of the application in order to streamline business processes prove to be a challenge for the software development firms. System integration makes sure that relevant information can be viewed and updated in real-time. If the business heavily depends on these systems, integration becomes a challenge because of the size and complexity of the application. Testing and coding will need to cover both the new application as well as a full integration test plan each and every time some changes are pushed. Data is viewed and conceived differently for every business unit within the enterprise.
The expectations from enterprise applications are many, from the smooth integration to the constituent system to adaptability to changing business and technology environments.
For 5+ years, we are reliable service providers to our customers with the essential goal of consistently delivering quality. Our strength lies in shared ideas and returns to the community.